Do you know your vape lingo? David Nadel, Flavor Monster Staff Writer, gives you the basic terms you should know.
The world of vape hardware continues to become increasingly popular, as more vapers are using all sorts of devices. With that said, it’s important to understand the devices that are out there from a terminology standpoint, especially if you become a regular user. There is certain language and terms a vaper will use when referring to the different types of devices out there.
- Electronic Cigarettes: Powered by battery device which in turn produces inhaled amounts of nicotine by way of vaporized solution. Since e-cigarettes produce vapor, when a person uses them, they are technically vaping. If you are using or plan on using electronic cigarettes, it is important to understand everything there is to know about the product. A wealth of information can easily be found on the Internet concerning E-cigarettes.
- Cartomizer: A combination of an atomizer and cartridge. The cartomizer holds a larger amount of liquid than a traditional cartridge. A cartomizer will normally not last if a traditional cartridge.
- AVD: An abbreviation for Advanced Personal Vaporizer.
- Cartridge/Tank: Device that holds the E-liquid. The cartridge of course is refilled when it is empty. Cartridges of this kind may be easily purchased on line. An empty cartridge is referred to as a “blank”.
- Bridge: Small V-shaped covering which sits on top of the heating coil of most atomizers. A bridge in some cases may also be U-shaped.
- Dry Smoking: Used frequently by vapers. Dry smoking is the process of vaping without a cartridge.
- Dry Vaping: This is vaping without the use of a cartridge usually done when the atomizer is well soaked with liquid.
- Glycerin: Found within the e-liquid and is responsible for the sweet taste. It’s made to have a pleasant and appealing taste. Something that has a pleasant taste of course is more appealing especially to long-term vapers.
- E-Liquid: A clear solution that is placed within the cartridge/tank. It’s easily converted to vapor when the coil heats up.
- Propylene Glycol: An odorless, colorless solvent with a somewhat sweet taste. The PG solution is mixed or combined with nicotine and/or VG, and then flavored to make the e-liquid.
- Person Vaporizer: An electronic type unit that turns the liquid substance into a vapor. Liquid must be turned into a vapor to be vaped.
- Vaping: Describes the act of inhaling as well as exhaling the vapor produced by the device. The most common word by vapers.
Different types of vaping devices seemed to have flooded the market within the past several years. As more people make the switch, the technology and the terminologies will continue to expand.